Wednesday 6 June 2012

Wheat and Dairy free, peanut butter cookies



Hello From Mattie

We are off to a street party today and have to take some food. I sometimes find in difficult at parties because I can't eat lots of the food, I am allergic to wheat and dairy.  I asked mum if I could make something new to take with me, and this is what we came up with, I hope you enjoy them.

Peanut butter cookies {Wheat and dairy free)



Ingredients (What you need)

4oz/115g Soya butter
4oz/115g Brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
8oz/225g peanut butter, the crunchy one is better for crunchy cookies
4oz/115g Gluten free flour
A half teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
pinch salt



Method (How to make them)


Put the oven on too 180/gas 4


1  Mix together the butter and sugar, until its completely mixed



I weighed the butter then the sugar, the sugar stuck in the
weighing scales so i had to check I had got it all out

2  Crack the egg into a cup and then mix with a fork


3  Pour the egg into the butter mix, then stir in the peanut butter too


4  Add the vanilla extract if using

5  Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the salt



6  Mix really well


7  Grease your baking trays with a bit of soya butter, you can put some on a tray and use kitchen towel to spread it


8  Using a teaspoon, scoop up spoonfuls of mixture and drop them onto the baking trays. Try and make them similar sizes or smaller ones might burn or larger ones might not cook properly



9  Carefully put the trays into the oven and bake the cookies for about 12 minutes

10  Take the trays out and leave the cookies on them for a few minutes, then carefully move them onto a cooling wrack



11  Enjoy them, Ethan did, he had more than the rest of us put together




I hope you enjoy these cookies, you can use normal flour and proper butter if you like too


Than you for your time


Mattie

(Ethan, Reuben, Jacob and Joel bean too)

2 comments:

  1. Tried very hard to leave a comment here earlier from my phone but it seems to have been eaten by cyberspace gremlins! Just wanted to say that I made these cookies for my friend's birthday and they were delicious and very much appreciated, thank you! Please can we have more gluten & dairy free recipes? Keep up the fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Thank you for trying our recipe, we are glad it worked :) We have some more gluten free and dairy free recipes coming up, cookies, cakes that sort of thing and hope you can try those out too. We hope your friend had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete