Sunday 1 April 2012

In the beginning... Mattie makes Granola







Hello everybody

We are very pleased you have called in to see us. Welcome. We hope you enjoying cooking with us. Please let us know how we are doing.

Mattie is the first cook and made his favourite thing, granola. Here is how he got on.

Hi, I'm Mattie and I made this to share with you. Mum took loads of photos to help explain what I was doing.

Ingredients (What kind of food you need)

200g Porridge oats               
2 level tbsp cooking oil        tbsp = tablespoon
3 big tbsp honey

Thats it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

You will also need a wooden spoon, a baking tin, and an Oven switched on to 180'c/gas4

Method   (How you make it)

1) Put your oats into your baking tray



2) Pour on your oil



3) Pour on your honey



4) Mix well, make sure all of the oats are sticky and covered in honey



5) Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes



6) Stir gently to loosen mixture but leave lots of big lumps, don't break it all up

7) Leave to cool down

I like mine in my lunch box, mum likes hers with yoghurt and fruit, but mostly we like to eat it quickly.

The hardest bit is not spillling the sticky oats out of the pan when you're mixing it up, but if you make a mess then you can eat those bits up when the rest is in the oven, yum yum.



I hope you enjoy making this

From Mattie (and Ethan, Reuben, Jacob and Joel too)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Mattie (and Ethan, Reuben, Jacob and Joel) I loved the recipe and the before and after pictures were brilliant.
    I will be making some for my lunch box.
    Dinah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb stuff boys - will definitely make some (though I doubt if it will look as good as yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is brilliant! I never knew it was so quick and easy to make granola! Thanks, Mattie, for sharing this yummy recipe... you did a great job explaining all the steps so clearly. Now my tummy is telling me to go and make some - now, hehe!!
    :) Helen

    ReplyDelete